According to the latest daily statement from the U.S. Treasury, the government had an operating cash balance of $73.8 billion at the end of the day yesterday.
In other words, the world’s largest tech company has more cash than the world’s largest sovereign government.
That’s because Apple collects more money than it spends, while the U.S. government does not.
Contact the Prof.I can be reached via Prof dot Mondo dot Blog at gmail dot com. I also tweet as ProfMondo.
- Awkward, but Amusing
- Farewell, Mr. Clegg
- Anniversaries and Going Medieval on the Beatles
- "It Was in Another Country, and Besides, the Wench Is Dead."
- A Couple of Academic Quick Takes
- Saturday Afternoon Potpourri: Half-Baked Alaska Edition
- Scene on a Patio
- Deviant Drum Kits
- The Bully and the Scold
- How Twigs Get Bent: Becoming a Medievalist
- 277,272 hits