The Spawn wandered in here a few minutes ago, and because I’m always happy to have my grading interrupted, we struck up a conversation. Somehow the subject of carnies came up, and after I mentioned the excitement of being strapped into a ride by a guy with nine teeth, seven fingers, and the reek of stale bourbon, she said “That’s why I don’t go to the county fair. One of these days, a ride will just blow up. But then we’ll finally know who the next high school yearbook will be dedicated to.”
Contact the Prof.I can be reached via Prof dot Mondo dot Blog at gmail dot com. I also tweet as ProfMondo.
- Awkward, but Amusing
- Farewell, Mr. Clegg
- Anniversaries and Going Medieval on the Beatles
- "It Was in Another Country, and Besides, the Wench Is Dead."
- A Couple of Academic Quick Takes
- Saturday Afternoon Potpourri: Half-Baked Alaska Edition
- Scene on a Patio
- Deviant Drum Kits
- The Bully and the Scold
- How Twigs Get Bent: Becoming a Medievalist
- 277,273 hits