Two years and two days ago, I wrote an entry on one of my comedy heroes, a man who influenced my own brief attempt to do stand-up, and to this day the comic who has made me laugh harder than any other performer — and yes, that includes the Pythons and the Kids in the Hall. Now, I have to say goodbye. Jonathan Winters has died at the age of 87. Thanks for your work, sir — it made many of my days better than they would otherwise have been.
Contact the Prof.I can be reached via Prof dot Mondo dot Blog at gmail dot com. I also tweet as ProfMondo.
- Quote of the Early Morning
- How Twigs Get Bent: A Late Night and A Long Trip
- A Barber in an Orange Room
- In Which the Professor Goes Shopping and Offers a Reading Assignment
- A Whiff of Saturday Potpourri
- HeroesCon 2017: Day 1
- Look On My Hits, Ye Mighty, and Despair
- Housman and the Gaps
- "Here Is God's Plenty"
- QotD: Polarization Edition
- 254,323 hits