Two years and two days ago, I wrote an entry on one of my comedy heroes, a man who influenced my own brief attempt to do stand-up, and to this day the comic who has made me laugh harder than any other performer — and yes, that includes the Pythons and the Kids in the Hall. Now, I have to say goodbye. Jonathan Winters has died at the age of 87. Thanks for your work, sir — it made many of my days better than they would otherwise have been.
Contact the Prof.I can be reached via Prof dot Mondo dot Blog at gmail dot com. I also tweet as ProfMondo.
- "Here Is God's Plenty"
- "Milton! Thou shouldst be living at this hour."
- A Brief Comment from Isocrates
- A White Carnation
- Rosemary Stanley, R.I.P.
- QotD: Polarization Edition
- Grad Weekend Potpourri
- In Which the Prof Becomes Uncomfortably Aware that He Has a Birthday in 20 Days
- Some Words from Northrop Frye
- A Couple of Quick Ones
- 256,196 hits