Contact the Prof.I can be reached via Prof dot Mondo dot Blog at gmail dot com. I also tweet as ProfMondo.
- Tuesday Potpourri: The Tires, the Homophones, & Everything Edition
- "Milton! Thou shouldst be living at this hour."
- Sunday Potpourri: Christmas Party Edition
- A Brief Comment from Isocrates
- "They Look Just Like Humans, at Kresge's and Woolworth's..."
- "Why brought he us from bondage,/ Our loved Egyptian night?"
- "Here Is God's Plenty"
- McGonagall and Unrecognized Genius
- Rosemary Stanley, R.I.P.
- "It Was in Another Country, and Besides, the Wench Is Dead."
- 270,983 hits
Monthly Archives: July 2017
Sorry I’ve been absent for a week, but I had a story to finish, students to advise, and well — Anyway, some potpourri? *** The ladies of Clan Mondo spent the weekend in Lost-in-the-Woods County visiting family, which left me … Continue reading
The Berries got back into the rock and roll business last night, playing the opening set at the anniversary celebration for our Real City home at ArtBar. As the opener, we arrived at 7 p.m. for set-up with the venue’s … Continue reading
A few minutes ago, I ran across a New Criterion review of the new OUP edition of the diaries and journals of Gerard Manley Hopkins, S.J. I’ve mentioned Hopkins before — how when I first encountered his work (during my teens), … Continue reading
For years, my favorite movie was the original Dawn of the Dead, written and directed by the recently departed George Romero*. The bulk of the movie takes place at an abandoned shopping mall, leading to the three-word synopsis: “Consumers get consumed.” … Continue reading
Just got back to Mondoville with Mrs. M and the Spawn an hour or two ago, after a trip north to visit the U of North Carolina’s flagship campus at Chapel Hill. The Spawn’s academic interests have led her to … Continue reading
I was at the grocery the other day, and as I got out of the van, I saw a woman who seemed to recognize me. I wish I could tell you who she was, but in a small town like … Continue reading