Contact the Prof.I can be reached via Prof dot Mondo dot Blog at gmail dot com. I also tweet as ProfMondo.
- Saturday Potpourri: Finally Fall Edition
- Wall-to-Wall Non-stop Mondoville Action!
- Abraham Lincoln's Doctor's Dog
- Sokal Hoax II: Electric Boogaloo
- "Milton! Thou shouldst be living at this hour."
- How Twigs Get Bent: Becoming a Medievalist
- Count Floyd (D -- Melonville)
- Blue Mud, or the Dubious Virtues of Hipness
- A Brief Comment from Isocrates
- "Why brought he us from bondage,/ Our loved Egyptian night?"
- 269,174 hits
Monthly Archives: November 2017
It’s Thanksgiving morning. Mrs. M is getting ready to toss the turkey breast into the oven and then take her morning constitutional. The Spawn is claiming the time-honored right of the college student to sack in, and I’m in my … Continue reading
Today is the 54th anniversary of the deaths of John F. Kennedy, Aldous Huxley, and C.S. Lewis. As I point out to my friends, with what they no doubt consider disturbing regularity, everybody dies sometime. But of course, not every … Continue reading
So Charles Manson died yesterday at the age of 83. While I’m not typically the grave-dancing sort, I can’t say the world is a poorer place for his departure. I do have to say, however, that he’s connected to one … Continue reading
There was a little breathing space in my grading schedule this weekend, so have some potpourri… *** I went to a couple of Mondoville basketball games over the weekend, as we hosted a four-team tourney. The home team won their … Continue reading
Getting ready to take the Spawn for a flu shot in a little bit, but in the meantime… *** Crime writer S.W. Lauden (whose Bad Citizen Corporation is worth your time) did an e-mail interview with me last week, and it … Continue reading
Last night, Lawrence Block sent me a link to Fred Cole’s obituary. Mr. Cole was 69 and died of liver disease. I was aware that he had been ill, but was not aware of the extent of his illness. Much … Continue reading