Contact the Prof.I can be reached via Prof dot Mondo dot Blog at gmail dot com. I also tweet as ProfMondo.
- Saturday Potpourri: Finally Fall Edition
- Wall-to-Wall Non-stop Mondoville Action!
- Abraham Lincoln's Doctor's Dog
- Sokal Hoax II: Electric Boogaloo
- "Milton! Thou shouldst be living at this hour."
- How Twigs Get Bent: Becoming a Medievalist
- Count Floyd (D -- Melonville)
- Blue Mud, or the Dubious Virtues of Hipness
- A Brief Comment from Isocrates
- "Why brought he us from bondage,/ Our loved Egyptian night?"
- 269,172 hits
Monthly Archives: February 2018
Lionel Shriver was once known for writing We Need to Talk About Kevin, a 2011 novel in which a mother recounts her experiences with her son, a psychopath and school shooter. The book is good enough that my colleague David Rachels … Continue reading
Sorry I haven’t had much to say of late, but I’ve been doing a lot of grading of late, and really didn’t have much to add to our ongoing conversation. But I’m here, and away we go. *** As part … Continue reading
In this case, those countries would be the past and the Confederacy. My great-great-grandfather, Charles M. Calhoun (1838 – 1921), self-published a book, Liberty Dethroned, in 1903. A quick scan of WorldCat informs me that copies may be found in a few … Continue reading
It’s a gray morning here in Mondoville, the result of a cold front that has settled over the area and will likely keep things damp for the next few days. Mrs. M is off to the Y, and the Spawn … Continue reading
Paul Simon issued a statement through his website today, saying that he will essentially retire from performance at the conclusion of his current tour. While he acknowledges that he may do the occasional benefit set, he’s coming off the road … Continue reading