Contact the Prof.I can be reached via Prof dot Mondo dot Blog at gmail dot com. I also tweet as ProfMondo.
- Saturday Potpourri: Finally Fall Edition
- Wall-to-Wall Non-stop Mondoville Action!
- Abraham Lincoln's Doctor's Dog
- Sokal Hoax II: Electric Boogaloo
- "Milton! Thou shouldst be living at this hour."
- How Twigs Get Bent: Becoming a Medievalist
- Count Floyd (D -- Melonville)
- Blue Mud, or the Dubious Virtues of Hipness
- A Brief Comment from Isocrates
- "Why brought he us from bondage,/ Our loved Egyptian night?"
- 269,174 hits
Monthly Archives: June 2018
When I was in Scouts, at eleven or twelve years of age, I went to the Cumberland Mountain Climbing School with the rest of my troop. I really hadn’t wanted to do it, but Dad was something of an outdoorsman, … Continue reading
Last night, a former student of mine was talking on the Book of Faces about the fact (which she described as shameful) that teachers here in South Carolina don’t get paid a great deal. I mentioned that Mrs. M makes … Continue reading
I just found out that Harlan Ellison has died. He marked his 84th birthday a month ago. Ellison was one of my favorite writers, and his work earned the respect and admiration of his peers. As much as anyone, he … Continue reading
It occurred to me last night that in about three weeks, it’ll have been 20 years since I got out of the magazine business. Well, that’s not entirely accurate — I freelanced every so often while I was doing my … Continue reading
It’s hard to keep track of who we’re supposed to shun these days. Potential customers boycott businesses. Businesses boycott potential customers. Artist X has committed Misdeed Y — fire him, replace her, cast the past work into the cultural oubliette. … Continue reading
So the weather folks tell us that today’s high in Mondoville will be around 102, with a heat index somewhere near 110. Fortunately, the A/C in my office is set to about 3 degrees Kelvin (the average temperature of the … Continue reading