Contact the Prof.I can be reached via Prof dot Mondo dot Blog at gmail dot com. I also tweet as ProfMondo.
- Tuesday Potpourri: The Tires, the Homophones, & Everything Edition
- "Milton! Thou shouldst be living at this hour."
- Sunday Potpourri: Christmas Party Edition
- A Brief Comment from Isocrates
- "They Look Just Like Humans, at Kresge's and Woolworth's..."
- "Why brought he us from bondage,/ Our loved Egyptian night?"
- "Here Is God's Plenty"
- McGonagall and Unrecognized Genius
- Rosemary Stanley, R.I.P.
- "It Was in Another Country, and Besides, the Wench Is Dead."
- 270,977 hits
Monthly Archives: August 2018
OK, so the first week of class (plus a day) has gone into the books, and this is the one day this week that I don’t have some kind of meeting as well, so why not get a post in … Continue reading
I moved to Northern Kentucky forty years and ten days ago, on 13 August 78. Like the city I left (Nashville, TN), my new home had two daily newspapers. Nashville had the Tennessean (morning) and the Banner (evening), while Cincinnati’s … Continue reading
I’ve mentioned before that because I’ve spent most of my life in academia and am married to a public schoolteacher on top of that, Clan Mondo’s rhythms are more closely aligned to the academic calendar than the traditional one. As … Continue reading
The Spawn has a fondness for herbal teas. In particular, she likes a spearmint tea, of a sort we can only get through Amazon. She orders the stuff as her supply requires replenishment, and before I came to the office … Continue reading
One of my lower left jaw teeth has been giving me trouble for about a year. There’s a cavity right about at the gumline, and food would pack in there, despite brushing, flossing, mouthwash, and all that good stuff. This … Continue reading
I woke up a little after nine this morning, emerging from dreams of various members of my family, set in a Nashville of my youth and in a Northern Kentucky that was both of my adolescence and the present, with … Continue reading