Contact the Prof.I can be reached via Prof dot Mondo dot Blog at gmail dot com. I also tweet as ProfMondo.
- Saturday Potpourri: Finally Fall Edition
- Wall-to-Wall Non-stop Mondoville Action!
- Abraham Lincoln's Doctor's Dog
- Sokal Hoax II: Electric Boogaloo
- "Milton! Thou shouldst be living at this hour."
- How Twigs Get Bent: Becoming a Medievalist
- Count Floyd (D -- Melonville)
- Blue Mud, or the Dubious Virtues of Hipness
- A Brief Comment from Isocrates
- "Why brought he us from bondage,/ Our loved Egyptian night?"
- 269,175 hits
Monthly Archives: September 2018
Yesterday was my official day to celebrate my birthday, and the ladies and I marked the occasion after lunch with cake and gifts. The former was (and is, as some remains) chocolate with chocolate icing, and is delicious. The latter … Continue reading
… and not the online sort. A few nights ago, Mrs. M needed to take some party supplies to her workplace for a baby shower the following afternoon. Mrs. M’s school is at the edge of Mondoville, next door to … Continue reading
Likely so. Indeed, I’m older than I was last night, as I was born 53 years ago this morning. The actual celebration will take place Saturday morning (or so, depending on when the Spawn wakes up), so today I’ve taught … Continue reading
Sorry I’ve been AWOL for a few days — I’ve been doing some committee work, helping with recruiting efforts, and other campus-oriented stuff. Indeed, I just got home from the monthly faculty meeting about half an hour ago. So let’s … Continue reading
We’ll get a little more rain today, and the wind knocked down the butterfly bush in our backyard, but we seem to have lucked out this time. Thanks for the concern, prayers, and good wishes. And doubtless we’ll soon hear … Continue reading
I was awakened at about 8:30 when the power went out, but (obviously) we’re back up — the outage lasted about an hour, which speaks well of the local utilities people. Mrs. M went out for a bit and said … Continue reading