Contact the Prof.I can be reached via Prof dot Mondo dot Blog at gmail dot com. I also tweet as ProfMondo.
- Saturday Potpourri: Finally Fall Edition
- Wall-to-Wall Non-stop Mondoville Action!
- Abraham Lincoln's Doctor's Dog
- Sokal Hoax II: Electric Boogaloo
- "Milton! Thou shouldst be living at this hour."
- How Twigs Get Bent: Becoming a Medievalist
- Count Floyd (D -- Melonville)
- Blue Mud, or the Dubious Virtues of Hipness
- A Brief Comment from Isocrates
- "Why brought he us from bondage,/ Our loved Egyptian night?"
- 269,172 hits
Monthly Archives: October 2018
I headed up to the bedroom last night after watching my beloved Wildcats dispatch the Fighting Yuppies of Vanderbilt, and because I was the last of us to bed, I let the Hound of the Basketballs out the sliding glass … Continue reading
So it’s another weekend in Mondoville. Mrs. M is at her school, doing a little planning for the week. The Spawn is reading in her room, and I’ve been looking at tenure portfolios while watching Alabama dismantle Tennessee (21-zip, ten … Continue reading
As I mentioned in last night’s potpourri, I felt happier a couple of days ago than I can remember being in a very long time, and even a couple of days later with a few papers left to grade, I’m … Continue reading
I’m three-fourths of the way through this year’s Fall Break, which means that I’m already nearly halfway through the term. I’ve spent much of the break grading papers, and will wrap that up tomorrow — just in time for a … Continue reading
So 25 years ago today, a lovely young woman flipped her last initial from a W to an M. In commemoration of the fact that she hasn’t chucked me out over the ensuing 25 years, I wrote her a poem … Continue reading
So there’s a fresh tempest a-brewin’ in the teapot of academia, in the form of three academic hoaxsters who decided to expose the weak scholarship in areas they called “grievance studies” by submitting bogus papers to various journals in those … Continue reading